Saturday, January 16, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Please do not die of shock that I am actually adding a new post, but I have a nice teenage fellow to HELP his computer-challenged missionary "aunty" find this blog again. HA

Mike, Alex and I have just finished a few days of rest in the beautiful mountains near Pilgrim's Rest here in South Africa. Despite terrible car trouble on Monday (VW van blew a head gasket on our trip. Pastor Emmanuel came to our rescue and towed us back to Rustenburg. We changed to my car and pulled the trailer and got to our destination at 11:15 pm.), it has been wonderful. We met three different couples in ministry:

An older Baptist pastor and wife who have recently adopted a little black boy.
The couple who owns RADIO PULPIT, the Christian radio in this country. (My dear Portuguese friend, Maria, got saved through that ministry 20 years ago.)
And a Baptist pastor and his family from Krugersdorp. He is acutally a missionary from Ireland who has been here for 20 years. They have three daughters.
We had great fellowship.

On Friday we left to travel to be with other missionary friends in White River, the Badgett's, from North Carolina. They have a special VISION SUNDAY service tomorrow, so I am getting to help prepare foods. You know me, I love that.

But alas, we must travel back home, finish packing away all the Christmas decorations and start school once again.

EXCITING NEWS FROM 2009:

We are now the adopted grandparents for three little African girls.
Pastor Emmanuel and Ida NZOLO had their second daughter on 14th of Dec. Her XHOSA name is SANALESIWE, which means, "We are satisfied." Big sister, SONWABILE, is adjusting well. Her name means "We are blessed."
So So is the nickname for the oldest, so I think the baby's nickname should be Sa Sa.
Pastor Alec and Cecelia BONI were blessed with a baby girl on the day after my birthday: 21 OCT. Her name is UNATI.

As many of you know, I greatly longed for a daughter of my own. I realized several weeks ago that God has given me so many African "daughters" with my Sunday School children and the daughers of dear missionary friends whom I can "borrow".

SON #1 - TIMOTHY IN USA

Tim is doing well at Pensacola and is maintaining a 3.8 GPA, thank the Lord. He is now a Junior with his Pastoral Studies Major.
This Christmas we were greatly blessed by Mike's family in Michigan. Two of his uncles paid for his plane ticket to go up there for the break, and he has fallen in love with one of our small supporting churches in that area and desires to do his internship with them.

SON #2 - ALEX THE SKATEBOARDER

You can guess what Alex's # 1 love is!!!!! God has given him some new friends, and we are thankful there have been no more major injuries since the infection in subcutanerous layer of upper leg several months ago.

He will still be attending Rustenburg Orbit College for his guitar lessons. He enjoys that.

1 comment:

JulieMom said...

Hooray for an update! So good to see you on here again. Did you remember to write down your password and stuff so you don't have to call me next time? :0)

Just kidding! Hope this becomes a more regular habit for you. :0)