Saturday, November 8, 2008

Watch out thief!

Several weeks ago I went to the taxi rank area to pick up a woman after work from the Phokeng church as I have done "hundreds" of times before. It was so very HOT, that I had the window down a "little" bit, or so I thought. I was tired and not as attentive as I should have been. My cell phone rang. I took it out from under the seat (did not want to be a victim of snatch and grab) and answered' BUT no one spoke. I placed the cell in the middle console with a cover. The next thing I knew, two long skinny arms were reaching with all their might to get that phone. I was so shocked, I did not even scream. He finally got the phone in his hand, but I got it back. By then he had forced the top of his head into the car. I stared banging him with the phone until I broke off the aerial. He flipped the lock, grabbed my cooler bag and ran. I was so shocked I just sat there. There were many folks around, but they just looked at me and shook their heads. So much for helping! One thing about it, the thief got a headache but a nice cold soda too. Thank God for His protection. It could have been so much worse.

2 comments:

NAVAL LANGA said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR
MAY THE GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS YOU WISH
[CLICK BELLOW FOR THE CARD]

http://www.images.dgreetings.com/newimages/newyear/2005/new-year-floral1.jpg

I have read some of your posts. I would revisit, as I liked your writings.

Naval Langa
MY SHORT STORIES

Another Blog
LIFESTYLE AND RELATIONSHIP

Unknown said...

new year cards 2019